Re: Image Loading Problem on Windows Box

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 10:10:27PM +0100, Gavin Keighren wrote:
I am in the process of porting a very simple program from OS X (X11) to
Windows (please don't ask why, it's not my choice). The program
compiles without any errors on both systems (and also works for the
main part). However, the program is meant to display an image, but the
Windows version will not load the file. My (limited) understanding is
that the image loader is not being linked properly, but without any
error messages from the linker, I am not sure how to fix it.

I have tried linking with a range of libraries, and the path to the
required loader is part of the appropriate environment variable. I have
also tried various forms of the filename string, to no avail.

The code which should load the file is:

GtkPixbuf * logoBuffer = gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file("images/logo.jpg",
NULL);

although the following also does not work (a broken image graphic is
displayed):

GtkWidget * logo = gtk_image_new_from_file("images/logo.jpg");

The only other reason I can think of, is that I am using the wrong
compiler. I am currently using Microsoft's cl compiler version
14.00.50727.42. I had tried Borland's C compiler, but that threw up a
whole host of problems with linking to DLLs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

For start, have you tried to pass a GError to
gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file() and look at the error you get?

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/