Re: cannot set tooltips over a picker widget?

If you know how to make it work automatically for
GTK_NO_WINDOW widgets...

I read that GtkLabel widgets don't have backing windows, for
performance reasons. I haven't read any such comment about, say,
GtkComboBoxEntry widgets. Maybe the documentation needs to be updated?
I, for one, would like to see something like a table for all standard
widgets with a column for "GTK_NO_WINDOW" that says 'yes' or 'no',
rather than having to find out for myself by trial and error.