Re: Glade GUI: changing mechanism

tomas tuxteam de ha scritto lo scorso 24/10/2006 14:44:
On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 02:39:32PM +0200, Philippe Bertin wrote:

[...]

Let me indeed do that. I wonder why nobody ever came up with the concern
I have; am I that much of a security freak ?

FWIW, I'll miss the C code generation feature of Glade. My concerns are
not that much with user tweakablity, but more with compactness and
efficiency. Besides, I don't particularly like XML, especially as a data
description language :-/

I'll miss it too. This thread is a replica of a similar one spread out a
couple of years ago; at that time Glade 3 was still far from being short
to come, and there were more a feeling of a flame war than of a
constructive discussion.

Now I wish to put on the shields one more argument against suppression
of code generation features, that is the possibility of using GTK+ based
apps on embedded systems. Indeed, on modern desktop and laptop systems
storing a 1 MiB xml file and loading and parsing it at runtime is a
quite negligible effort, but things changes dramatically on a limited
resources embedded system.

Does this means that Glade will not be the most appropriate tool to
design this class of applications (or that GTK+ will not compete with
other widget toolkit :-( on embedded systems)?