Re: Glade GUI: changing mechanism

Isn't it possible to "inline" the .glade file in the compiled code?
Ie. Instead of reading from a  text file, it reads from a declared
constant.  I think that one can inline pixmaps in this way using GTK.

On 31/10/06, Daniel Haude <dunno stoptrick com> wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:39:32 +0200, Philippe Bertin
<philippe bertin telenet be> wrote:

> My reasoning is that if you inhibit the user the *possibility* to tamper
> with the files you deliver, you won't have to take this into account
> when providing support. Call me a security (effectiveniss ?) freak: the
> less tweaking that can be done, the less support one should provide. If
> you provide your compiled program as one whole (i.e. without a separate
> file called e.g. project.glade), then the question "Did you tamper with
> project.glade, sir ?" is a question you shouldn't even think of asking
> when supporting your end product.

You could checksum-test the .glade file from within your app at startup,
couldn't you?

--Daniel