Re: Help with a variable in a .pc file

Ok first, thanks for your help.

In Makefile.am I have the SUBDIRS directive point to glade3 (I have cheked
seeing the Makefile Produced by autogen.sh and using the conditionals with
HAVE_GLADE3 and this last is set to true) and all variables is sustituted
correctly (again I inspect the Makefile)

I have modified the configure.in in order to AC_OUTPUT have the directory
glade3/Makefile (the configure script creates the corresponding
Makefile.inand Makefile when it is executed)

When I execute 'make' in the root directory it doesn't compile the content
in glade3, if I cd to glad3 and execute 'make' it is compiled correctly and
create the library and copy the gnomedb.xml.in to gnomedb.xml...

then ? :-(

I have the following Makefile.am in glade3 dir:

@INTLTOOL_XML_NOMERGE_RULE@

gladegnomedb_LTLIBRARIES = libgladegnomedb.la
libgladegnomedb_la_SOURCES = glade3-gnomedb.c
libgladegnomedb_la_CFLAGS = -g -Wall -I$(top_srcdir) -I$(top_builddir) \
                           -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"GnomeDB\" \
                           $(LIBGNOMEDB_CFLAGS) $(WITHGNOME_CFLAGS)
$(LIBGLADE_CFLAGS) $(GLADE3_CFLAGS)
libgladegnomedb_la_LDFLAGS = -module -avoid-version
libgladegnomedb_la_LIBADD =
$(top_builddir)/libgnomedb/libgnomedb-3.la$(WITHGNOME_LIBS)
$(LIBGNOMEDB_LIBS) $(WITHGNOME_LIBS) $(GLADE3_LIBS)
$(LIBGLADE_LIBS)

gladegnomedbdir = @GLADE3_MODULES_DIR@

catalogsdir = @GLADE3_CATALOG_DIR@
catalogs_DATA = gnomedb.xml gnomedb.xml.in

EXTRA_DIST = gnomedb.xml gnomedb.xml.in

2006/10/3, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org>:

Daniel Espinosa wrote:

>A lot of Thanks for your help, I have made the changes sugested and now I
>found in the Makefile that the route to the directories are as spected
>'/usr/share/glade3/catalogs'
>
>But now please help me! I have configure.in and glade/Makefile.am, the
>configure process creates the Makefile.in and Makefile in the glade dir,
but
>when I call make the library isn't created... Could you help me?

You'll need to show us the Makefile.am you are working with in your
glade subdir otherwise we cant tell whats going wrong - also make
sure that your "if HAVE_GLADE3" conditionals are correct and that
you've properly AC_SUBST'ed it in the configure.ac. (I happen to magicly
know that you didnt forget to add 'glade' to the subdir list in your
toplevel Makefile.am so I know that that at least is not the problem ;-)
).

Cheers,
                                       -Tristan

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los cuates:
LIBRE)