Help with a variable in a .pc file

Hi all

Could any help me on how to get a variable value in a .pc file?

I have the following values in the glade-3.pc file:

catalogdir=${prefix}/share/glade3/catalogs
pixmapdir=${prefix}/share/glade3/pixmaps
moduledir=${exec_prefix}/lib/glade3/modules

I need this variables in order to install the compiled and support files in
the correct plase to allow glade3 to find them.

At moment I try in configure.in to use the following sentences:

   AC_SUBST(GLADE3_PIXMAP_DIR, '[$(shell pkg-config --variable=pixmapdir
glade-3)]')
   AC_SUBST(GLADE3_MODULES_DIR, '[$(shell pkg-config --variable=moduledir
glade-3)]')
   AC_SUBST(GLADE3_CATALOG_DIR, '[$(shell pkg-config --variable=catalogdir
glade-3)]')

But it doesn't compile the sources in the glade directory.

Note that in configure I set the AC_OUTPUT to point to the glade directory,
./configure is generating the Makefiles but never compiles them. In the
glade/Makefile.am I have:

@INTLTOOL_XML_NOMERGE_RULE@

catalogsdir = $(GLADE3_CATALOG_DIR)
catalogs_DATA = gnomedb.xml gnomedb.xml.in

EXTRA_DIST = \
       $(catalogs_DATA)

INCLUDES = \
           -g -Wall \
           -I$(top_srcdir)                    \
           -I$(top_builddir)                \
           -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"GnomeDB\"      \
           $(LIBGNOMEDB_CFLAGS)             \
           $(WITHGNOME_CFLAGS)                \
           $(GLADE3_CFLAGS)

gladegnomedb_LTLIBRARIES = libgladegnomedb.la

gladegnomedbdir = $(GLADE3_MODULES_DIR)

libgladegnomedb_la_LIBADD = $(top_builddir)/libgnomedb/libgnomedb-3.la  \
                               $(LIBGNOMEDB_LIBS) $(WITHGNOME_LIBS)
$(GLADE3_LIBS)

libgladegnomedb_la_LDFLAGS = -module -avoid-version

libgladegnomedb_la_SOURCES = glade-gnomedb.c

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los cuates:
LIBRE)