Re: Widgets to use to conform to HIG

On 9 Sep 2006, at 11:14, Samuel Cormier-Iijima wrote:

Disregard that last, I've been looking through Gnome's viewcvs and I
found quite a few samples. Still, a lot of projects do different
things (nautilus uses GtkAlignments which seems right, while gedit
uses a GtkLabel to pad the left side). Anyways, it might be useful to
post some samples along with the HIG so that others can find it more
easily.

FWIW, the glade files used to generate many of the HIG screenshots are available in the HIG module:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/web-devel-2/content/projects/gup/hig/glade/

I do agree that some clearer examples of dialog construction in the HIG would be useful, although only up to a point -- ideally, tools like Glade should come with some common templates and/or set the HIG spacings by default, where possible.

Cheeri,
Calum.

Samuel Cormier-Iijima