Re: RADiola, a GTK RAD tool

Hello!

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 22:55:31 +0530
From: Santhosh <santhoshmani gmail com>
Subject: Re: RADiola, a GTK RAD tool
To: "Fabricio Rocha" <rocha_fabricio yahoo com br>
Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

You may need to find out the difference that RADiola is going to make...

        Thanks, Santhosh. In reply, there are some fundamental differences:
- While Glade and Gazpacho are UI-builders, RADiola aims to be an application builder. This includes variables and subroutines, among other things. - Glade and Gazpacho are highly tied to GTK, and so are their users. RADiola is being made with GTK, but the user-created applications might adopt any other toolkit and various programming languages. - Users of those and other GUI builders still have to dominate a programming language and an API for creating an application, while RADiola will try to abstract all this "coding stuff" as much as possible.

I dont think that people would start working on your project just with
the concept... You need some code which atleast has something in it...
and it should convince the users to work on it...

Sure. When I finish the planning stage (which includes the Development Guide) I will start writing code. It is just a big boost to know that there is people who has interest in a software like RADiola. I would not expect that anyone would do a "okay, lemme write yer code fer ya". But I will be glad to send the documentation, interface files, etc., and discuss them with anyone who might be interested.

Best regards!

Fabricio Rocha
Brasilia, Brasil

_______________________________________________________ Novidade no Yahoo! Mail: receba alertas de novas mensagens no seu celular. Registre seu aparelho agora! http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/