Re: platform support

ahmet alper parker wrote:
just to confirm, it is nearly ok on mac osX and ok on linux and windows. how
about unix (and mostly on solaris)? I think it is ok since most of the linux
programs run on unix too but I dont know exectly, I am a beginner and I dont
know wether there is a difference for linux and unix programs.
Regars...

I would caution you to understand your user community. I work on an open source cross platform product (CvsGui). The person that maintains the Mac port does not use the Gtk implementation, but has written a native one. Serious Mac users disdain most cross-platform tools, because most apps end up feeling like Windows applications, and the native Mac look and feel is quite different from that.

If your app has a restricted user community and they are okay with Gtk apps, then fine. The old axim holds: know your customer.

--
Guy Rouillier