Re: why button is hidden behind drawing area(win32)

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 07:40:03AM +0200, Atanas Atanasov wrote:
In this case what solution can be used to force the display order?

Sorry. I have no idea. I'd expect there to be a way to put the button
"on" the drawing area, but alas, the latter is not a container.

Should one check the code of the respective functions and make a local
copy of the code, modifying it as appropriate? [...]

Umm. That sounds too complicated and fragile.

                                               I am afraid this will
change too quickly and my code might not be compatible with future
versions of gtk.

Maybe using a GtkFixed to position the buttons and drawing on its window
could do the trick. For a more heavyweight approach, maybe GnomeCanvas
is for you (you can position drawing objects and UI elements on it).

Let me know how you fare :-)

regards
-- tomás