Re: restore size/position of gtk window

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

Allin Cottrell writes:
> I posted on this topic a few days ago and didn't get a response.
> But so far I have found nothing that fixes window creep on win32.

Is there a bugzilla bug open for this? If not, please open one. And
attach a minimal but complete test program, please. Also tell what
version of GTK+ you are testing against.

I'll happily do that; I'm just trying to explore the issue first, to see if I've missed something. The gtk runtime version on win32 is 2.4.7, from your gimp.org page. (This is another issue, but I've tried the gtk 2.6.6 runtime and I find it's inordinately slow on startup relative to 2.4.7, on both win98 and XP.)

GIMP seems to be able to restore its main window and any dialogs open when you quit to exact the same position on Win32. But those windows aren't maximized, is it specifically with maximized windows that you have the problem on Win32?

I'll have to do more testing to answer that (which is a big pain,
I'm afraid, since I have just the one machine that has to be rebooted into Windows XP for test purposes, ugh).

I can say that the "creep" problem definitely occurs when the window in question is maximized before exit. I can't say for sure that it occurs when the window is resized but not maximized.

Allin Cottrell