Re: Drawing 1-bit bitmaps

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 11:26, John Vetterli wrote:
The GtkPixmap encapsulates client side pixmaps and bitmaps,
I've never bothered with GdkImage myself.  I prefer to use GdkPixbuf
As far as I can tell GdkPixbufs do not support 1-bit data.

The docs (gdk-pixbuf-creating.html) say:
        gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data ()
        Creates a new GdkPixbuf out of in-memory image data. Currently
        only RGB images with 8 bits per sample are supported.

I also looked at the routine that reads an xbm file (io-xbm.c) and it
allocates an RGB buffer containing 3 channels each with 8bits/pixel.

In other words the 1-bit xbm file has ballooned into a 24 bit pixbuf.

So I continue to believe that gdk does not support 1-bit client side
images. But I keep hoping I'm missing something.