Re: Inner window size issue

On 11/26/05, Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de> wrote:
Therefore the scrollable windows is needed if the height of the
window would exceed the screen height. Anyway if it does not,
I'd prefer to make the window as tall as possible to show the
entries without needing to scroll.

I am not be able to achive this yet.

I suppose gtk_window_maximize () doesn't match your notion of "make the
window as tall as possible"?

No, I want as tall as needed to display content without scrolling.
I think I know what you mean, I have a scrolled area in a game I'm making.
I attached the whole function of what I did, but the short form is:
scroll=gtk_scrolled_window_new (NULL, NULL);
wind = gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
pwind = gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
widg = gtk_drawing_area_new();
gtk_widget_set_size_request(scroll,
                        24*board_game::scale+50,14*board_game::scale);
gtk_widget_show_all(wind);
gtk_widget_show_all(pwind);
gtk_widget_set_size_request(scroll,
                        10*board_game::scale,5*board_game::scale);

Create the widgets, pack up set initial size requests, then after I
show the toplevel windows I set the size request to something smaller
so the user can shrink the window if he wants to.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-set-size-request
also mentions that for windows you can use
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWindow.html#gtk-window-set-default-size
..

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWindow.html#gtk-window-set-geometry-hints
and
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Windows.html#gdk-window-set-geometry-hints
might be the more powerful things to call though.

--
http://dmoz.org/profiles/pollei.html
http://sourceforge.net/users/stephen_pollei/