Re: storing and recovering settings

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:38:08 -0500
Boromir <okossuth devel gmail com> wrote:

Hi

is there anyway to store and recover settings from an application
that i'm coding with gtk? i know that using gnome libraries i could do
it but i don't want to use gnome,just gtk to reduce memory
consumption..for example to store the size of my app's main window so
each time i start my program the size of the main window should be the
one i stored previously in a configuration file..

Also, have a look at the libxml2 library. Though it does look a little
daunting at the beginning, it takes care of a lot of things for
you, it makes the config file easily extensible, and editable with a
simple text editor if necessary.

John