Re: storing and recovering settings

Hi,

I've done this by having an abstract settings class and two implementation (GConfSettings and PlainfileSettings). Based on the configure run that checks if gconf is available or not, the respective subclass will be used. The plainfile settings can e.g. use the ini-file routines of glib.

Stefan

Boromir wrote:
Hi

is there anyway to store and recover settings from an application
that i'm coding with gtk? i know that using gnome libraries i could do
it but i don't want to use gnome,just gtk to reduce memory
consumption..for example to store the size of my app's main window so
each time i start my program the size of the main window should be the
one i stored previously in a configuration file..

greetings

Oskar.