RE: problem with gtk and frames

I've got a small problem with frames. I made a screenshot to
illustrate my problem at http://[snip].  Indeed you can see that the
frame borders are too close to the application border (about 1 pixel).

Have you considered using tooltips to hide the long descriptions?  Or perhaps even those little collapsable
arrow things? Especially if you remember which ones were collapsed from one run to the next -- default to all
expanded so the information is there if the user wants it, but can be put away when they're comfortable with
using the program and would appreciate a more compact form.

I frequently get annoyed when programs I use often, that waste huge chunks of space with explenations I don't
need.  Tooltips and collapsable explenations hints are wonderful.  And using boxes like that (which don't
even include the actual text box itself?!?), are just odd.

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com