Re: storing and recovering settings

Hi Oskar,

why don't you try to write/read these settings in a "pref file". You
can use the glib and standard C functions to handle the desired data,
defining a format to work in the file, reading and writing them as you
want ... usually, applications create a hide file in the "~/"
directory  (if you are using a unix-based system), and file into it

Thus, before you create the "default" application, you could read the
data from this file, store them in a struct and setting up the
application, as previously.

I hope it help you !

is there anyway to store and recover settings from an application
that i'm coding with gtk? i know that using gnome libraries i could do
it but i don't want to use gnome,just gtk to reduce memory
consumption..for example to store the size of my app's main window so
each time i start my program the size of the main window should be the
one i stored previously in a configuration file..

--
Antonio Gomes
E-mail: antonio gomes indt org br