Re: [Gimp-developer] Console window on Win32

Michael Schumacher writes:
When started from the MinGW (and probably Cygwin) bash, this doesn't
happen. The output appears in the same console (rxvt window).

Wow. Didn't know that. I seldom use MSYS and its rxvt. I assume rxvt's
window isn't a console window, it's a normal "graphics" window that
just happens to contain only text, handled by the rxvt application
itself. (I.e. it's like xterm etc on X11. A Unix equivalent of console
windows would be built-in text-only windows in the X server, or

Rxvt itself presumably passes some pipes for stdout/stderr to
applications it starts and then shows whatever comes through those

Few end-users have rxvt, though.