Re: [Gimp-developer] Console window on Win32

You don't see an xterm open if you launch a gtk app from almost any
window manager under X11 so why should it be any different on windows?

How would you like it if every application you opened in gnome opened
its own xterm to display its errors. AWSOME!

There is nothing stopping developers setting console mode for their
application when they compile it so why the attitude to force it onto
them?

In any production code its not what users are expecting on windows or
*nix. I have never seen an xterm randomly open to show me some
stderr/stdout from a naughty program that I launched from a
windowmanagers dock and it looks even stupider on windows as most
windows users have never seen a console window.