Re: Statically Linking GTK+ libraries with Win32 in MS VC++

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:58:36 -0400
"Matthew Yaconis" <myaconis nycap rr com> wrote:
Does anyone have some advice on how to specify static linking with
GTK+ libraries in MS Visual C++ so the application can be run on most
any workstation?  Or do I have to have some sort of installation so it
will properly run?

My current best method:

- get Jernej's installer:

  http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/stable.html

- install on your machine to c:\dist or somewhere you have write
access ... it'll make a tree of folders something like c:\dist\gtk\2.0

- rename as c:\dist\myapp

- copy your (dynamically linked) .exe into c:\dist\myapp\bin

- zip up c:\dist\myapp

- your users can run by unzipping, clicking into myapp\bin, and
doubleclicking myapp.exe --- they can't drag the .exe out of that
folder, but they can make a shortcut, or set the "run in dir" option

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:14:58 +0200, Hubert Sokolowski