Re: Statically Linking GTK+ libraries with Win32 in MS VC++

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:58:36 -0400
"Matthew Yaconis" <myaconis nycap rr com> wrote:

I've managed to port some libraries I've generated and a GTK+
application from Linux to Windows XP, using MS Visual C++ 6.0.
However, being quite new to the MS Visual C++ and Win32 programming in
general, in attempting to distribute the new windows application to
some co-workers found out that my executable depends on at least the
libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll, and as a result won't run on machines that
don't have some of the distributions listed on Tor's website.  I
thought I was linking statically with all the required libraries,
allowing the executable to be moved from one Win32 box to another, but
obviously I did something wrong.

Does anyone have some advice on how to specify static linking with
GTK+ libraries in MS Visual C++ so the application can be run on most
any workstation?  Or do I have to have some sort of installation so it
will properly run?
AFAIK you can't link statically with a LGPL library unless you
distribute the sources as well with your program.

--
Hubert Sokolowski