Re: gtk+ for windows problem

On 0506, todd wrote:
seems to me this is because it's windows and the best solution for
distributing applications on
win32 is either rely only on win32 libraries (not reasonable here) or
distirbute the dependent dlls
in the application's binary directory. Then there are no issues of third
party applications
interferring with your application and its dependencies. This is just a
deficiency in win32 *I believe*
or do we have the same problem in nix as well?

I disagree. Simply there is no common interface for detecting gtk
runtime... Not taking into consideration a filename change, they seems
to be compatible.
BUT: gimp doesn't even install, if only it can find the gtk runtime
packaged for gimp...

Gergo

--
+-[ Kontra, Gergely<kgergely mcl hu> PhD student Room IB113 ]---------+