RE: GTK+-2.4.0 released

G_DISABLE_DEPRECATED can be an integer value.
You can use:
#define G_DISABLE_DEPRECATED 220
or
#define G_DISABLE_DEPRECATED 200
to make different deprecate level by version.

just like every Microsoft Visual C++ headfile has:

#if _MSC_VER > 1000
#pragma once
#endif // _MSC_VER > 1000

Thanks.

Tom

G_DISABLE_DEPRECATED basically is a way of making sure that you are
using the recommended functions and widgets with the current version
of GTK+. I suppose we could have versioned deprecations
G_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_2_2, but that would be a whole lot more work
to maintain..

If you want to make sure your stuff is working with 2.2, presumably
you are compiling and testing with 2.2. Turning on
G_DISABLE_DEPRECATED when you are doing that is fine if you only
care about stuff we deprecated for 2.2.

Note that you should never ship tarballs with G_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
on, since who knows what will be deprecated in 2.6, 2.8, 2.10, and
because of the way G_DISABLE_DEPRECATED (prototypes are no longer
in the headers), new deprecations could cause subtle mis-compilation.

Regards,
                                              Owen