Re: Driving an animation in a widget

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 10:29, Harring Figueiredo wrote:
 Do you know when the widget is no longer needed ? Or can you find that out?

  If so, you can keep a reference to the widget and destroy it yourself later
at the point which you no longer need it.

Well, not really (at least, as far as I can tell). So I've resorted to
driving the animation in its own thread.

The problem I'm having now is that when my widget's thread calls
gtk_widget_queue_draw, I don't seem to reliably receive an expose event.
Any ideas on how I could ensure my widget gets redrawn frequently
enough?

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden endoframe com>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <braden jabber org>