lag in gtk_widget_show ???

Hi all!

Hi tried to show a hidden window (loop running, window have never been show before) by sending a client event from an other thread, an when this event is processed, that call gtk_window_present or gtk_widget_show (tried both)

the window only appear when I click somewhere on the desktop or play with scrolling button on my mouse

i first thought the window wasn't able to receive my events since it's hidden and only react when X generate his own events

however, i tried to directly call gtk_widget_show / gtk_window_present instead of sending events but lag still (not sure if it's thread safe, but was only for test)

i think gtk_widget_show_now is not usefull to me since my loop is already running

is someone having any clues about what I am doing wrong??
and why my window only appear when I click on my desktop??

thx!

sincerely

julien vary

ps : hope you was able to understand my fabulous english

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://search.msn.fr/worldwide.asp