Re: gdb and gtk

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:50:26 -0500
Tristan Van Berkom <vantr touchtunes com> wrote:

Although usualy I find the problem in my code without using
a gtk+ compiled with debug; if you insist, why not just compile
gtk+ with debugging info ?

        I absolutely agree that 99.99999% of the time, the problem is in my
code. All I am saying is that it would be easier to find the problem if
the backtraces carried more information in them, then just ????
marks, since sometimes the crash occurs somewhere, 10 levels down in the
gtk library just because I did something stupid.
        Debugging the gtk library with debugging info is absolutely
the way out. I just don't want to sit down and recompile GTK, GLib, and
everything they depend on with debugging enables. Some distributions
provide debugging versions of the included libraries but unfortunately,
Mandrake does not...

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net