Re: gdb and gtk

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 20:12:56 -0500
Chris Hoefler <hoeflerb brandeis edu> wrote:

I am trying to write a new widget, and I've managed to get as far as
the drawing routines. But something isn't working right and I need to
debug it. However, and this may be just an incredibly simple issue,
when I try to use gdb I can't get any useful debugging information.

        I continue having problems debugging gtk code and while this is
something extremely simple, I will still mention it: in order to get
meaning full info from the debugger you need GTK compiled with debugging
enabled. As far as I know, the Mandrake GTK libraries do not have the
debugging enabled, so there are not debugging symbols in the librarires.

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net