Re: gtk_file_chooser page faults (win32)

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 01:14:58PM +0600, Amin wrote:
David wrote:

I tried this package, but your package called for msvcr71.dll, I think it
is), which I don't have.  I don't have Visual Studio.  I'm simply trying
to compile the thing under mingw using gcc.

You can download Microsoft's Visual C++ 2003 Toolkit (free) from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=272BE09D-40BB-49FD-9CB0-4BFA122FA91B&displaylang=en.

I'd hoped to not go such a route.  I was hoping to get it all done with
gcc.

You basically get the `cl' compiler and `link', the linker -- and
the .NET Framework and CLR. No GUI apps, just command-line stuff.

As far as that goes, that's quite alright for me.  It's just that I'd
prefer to get this working under gcc and the toolkits provided with
mingw.  My primary interest is Linux.  The main reason I'm doing the
Windows thing is that with a project I've been playing around with, some
of the recipients don't use Linux but do have either mingw or cygwin.
This would make it quite usable by all.