Re: gtk_file_chooser page faults (win32)

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 03:11:22PM +0600, Amin wrote:
Tor Lillqvist wrote:

Yes, but at least when I last checked, you don't get the Win32
API headers or import libraries, nor import libraries for the
msvcrt.dll C library (runtime), which is what is bundled with
the operating system. Nor is there any guarantee, AFAIK, that
the C headers included with this compiler, which correspond to
the static C library that they include with it, even match
what's in msvcrt.dll.

True enough, but it seems to me the purpose of the VC++ toolkit is
to push .NET and Windows Forms programming with C++ and its new
Managed Extensions (i.e. garbage collection et al). In any case,
all of this is academic, because I've got the OP's code snippet
(with minor modifications) up and running without any crashes.

Did the original source I provided crash?  If so, which OS are you
running?  (I'm running Win98 - wondering if that has something to do
with it).

What libraries do you use?  My libraries come from links on Tor's page,
and I compile under msys/mingw with gcc.

If my original crashed on your system, and you are using the same
libraries I do, then it would appear that this problem might be in the
way the program is compiled/linked, because it appears that your
successful program is identical to mine except for the entry point name.
It appears that you don't use any of the parameters passed to WinMain
within the program.

All in all, I would say that Microsoft giving away their
compiler for free is very interesting, but not quite enough yet
to make me consider using it instead of gcc (assuming one could
make libtool work with it).

I'd much prefer to use gcc myself.  It is my hope to get it all working
together.

I completely agree. Not to be used for production software.
However, for testing purposes, it's great to have the option.

Anyway, here's my version of the OP's code snippet -- formatting's
probably lousy, sorry:

I think that in this instance.. just so it works.  :)

It's still seems very odd that the program will not run in native
windows (for me), but seems to work correctly in a POSIX environment.