Re: forcing immediate redraw on widget (solved)

Am Di, den 27.04.2004 schrieb Gus Koppel um 21:40:
[...]
Then I suppose either the implementation of gtk_widget_queue_draw () in
GTK+ 1.2 is buggy (or missing?) or there is any other nasty, probably
non-obvious fault in your program. There should be other people here who
are able to possibly confirm such GTK+ 1.2 bug? Maybe you should start a
new thread and precisely ask for that?

I finally have found it. It is no bug. It is my own stupidity:

I once had a theme engine installed and was sure it was deleted. It
wasn't, although nearly invisible, because the bitmaps were missing. But
the library was still active and referenced in my .gtkrc.

Once this was disabled, anything worked like a charm.

Please take my apologies for this mistake.

But that leads me to the question: Isn't the loaded and with
gtk_rc_parse() installed .rc handled at higher priority than any theme
definitions? In this case the redrawing in the lib must be the cause ...

How about upgrading to GTK+ 2.x?

Not now, in the long run maybe. The functionality of the program is
rather small and limited, as the memeory on the target machines flash
mem card is. Therefor gtk1.x is the choice here.

Thank you for assistance, at least I've learned a lot.

Marc