Re: forcing immediate redraw on widget

Marc Santhoff wrote:

Another approach which just came into my mind is not to focus on the
GtkHScale only. Try to invalidate one of the PARENT CONTAINERS of
your GtkHScale instead. Eventually, when you invalidate the entire
GtkWindow you're doing mostly the same as the WM does when a
minizmized window gets restored. Invalidating the entire window will
not be what you want, though. But I suppose there are some levels of
containers in between?

No luck with hte approach to invalidate and force redraw on the main
window.

Last one is resizing...

Then I suppose either the implementation of gtk_widget_queue_draw () in
GTK+ 1.2 is buggy (or missing?) or there is any other nasty, probably
non-obvious fault in your program. There should be other people here who
are able to possibly confirm such GTK+ 1.2 bug? Maybe you should start a
new thread and precisely ask for that?

Did you conduct your latest tests involving gtk_widget_queue_draw () in
C or Pascal?  If in C: have you verified that your Pascal interface to
GTK+ knows about gtk_widget_queue_draw () and actually invokes it?

How about upgrading to GTK+ 2.x?