Re: forcing immediate redraw on widget

Am Di, den 27.04.2004 schrieb Gus Koppel um 01:27:
[...]
After this I've tried several methods of getting the change visible,
starting without or with a definition in an rc file for testing what
color setting looks good on the hscale.

If there is an other way of changing this color I would be glad, but I
could not find a way to switch the style of a widget between to
rc-file definitons.

Your latest description sounds like a different problem than the one I
understood and tried to help you with. Am I right that your actual
problem isn't just to redraw the widget *immediately* but rather to
redraw the widget with a changed appearance *at all*? In this case for a
GtkHScale? So your problem is actually "how to change the appearance of
a GtkHScale" and not "how to immediately redraw a widget"?

It is both:

Setting the bg color on the hscale does work, but the changed color
shows effect only after the value of the slider is changed by mouse or
keyboard. And it does change only at the area where the slider has been
resulting in sort of a dashed line.

In this situation i decided to force the redraw for circumventing this
behaviour.

Marc