Re: How to initialize my Pixmap Transparent??

Quoted by a bunch of crazed worms
For `Julio Pastrana <pastrana informatik uni-freiburg de>'
On Thursday, 02 October 2003 (11:11):

What I want to do is set a Pixmap (let say PIX-ONE) as the background
of my window, after that in other Pixmap (PIX-TWO) wich has to be
initialized transparent and there I want to draw the robot and other
stuff it is detecting ..... Drawing the whole  GRIDMAP every time I want
to draw a new position is time consuming.

        You can use a GtkFixed (set the background image with GtkStyle stuff) and move
a GtkImage object. It's not that elegant, but works. Ah, yes, you can use
GnomeCanvas too, although it's not as easy as it is with "pure" GTK+ :)

--

 Leandro Pereira              (oO)           <leandro linuxmag com br>
                              /||\                  www.mindcrisis.tk

        A democracia e apenas a substituicao de alguns corruptos por
        muitos incompetentes.
                -- George Bernard Shaw