Getting colors from GtkColorSelection

I've been looking for a way to retrieve all the color values currently in
the palette of a GtkColorSelection object, without luck. I can't find any
suitable function in the API documentation at:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkColorSelection.html

and Google gives me nothing useful either. I'm new to Gtk+ and I'm trying
to make a small palette manager that I can use from Vim when I'm editing
CSS for web pages.

I've been looking at the function:

gtk_color_selection_set_change_palette_with_screen_hook()

and I'm suspecting this is the function I should use somehow, but it's
description puzzles me. It would be great if someone could describe what
this function really does in other words, and maybe what is it's intended
use.

My program should have the capability to load and save different
palettes and should (when a special key is pressed) output the
currently selected color to stdout and exit.

Best regards,
Aron Stansvik