Re: Sorce codes of GTK+ 1.2

EMOTO Masahiko writes:
I'm developing an application using GTK+1.2 on Cygwin
(gtk+-dev-20000215.zip).

When you say "on Cygwin", do you mean that the application will use
the Cygwin environment at runtime? Using X11 or Windows GDI?  Or is
Cygwin just your friendly development environment (with bash, make,
perl etc), while the application will run without Cygwin?

I have never distributed any GTK intended to be used in Cygwin
applications. Only GTK for use in Win32 applications.

I have never, to the best of my knowledge, distributed any GTK zipfile
that would have been called something like gtk+-dev-20000215.zip.

So I really don't see why you are asking me... (The gtk-app-devel-list
would have been more appropriate.)

Where did you get this file from? What is the exact GTK version?

If you want to run GTK with X11 (on Cygwin), be aware that GTK 1.2.x
is old and not intended for new development. You should be using the
latest GTK 2.2.x, 2.2.4.

If you want to run GTK on Win32 GDI, without Cygwin, you could use GTK
"1.3.0", available from me at www.gimp.org/win32/downloads.html. But
that is not intended for new development either. (It corresponds to
GTK approximately at 1.2.7.) Instead use GTK 2.2.x. Prebuilt Win32
binaries of that are available from the above www.gimp.org page. There
are also other binary distributions of GTK for Windows, that use
so-called installers. I distribute just zipfiles, for people who know
what they are doing.

Please show me the URL of the source codes if they are available.

Official GTK source code is available from
http://www.gtk.org/download/ . In addition, the source code for GTK
"1.3.0" for Windows is available from
www.gimp.org/win32/downloads.html .

I tried GTK+2 distributed by Masahiro Sakaki, but it is difficult
to migrate.

Migrate to what?

--tml