Embedding window within window

Hi Guys,

I thought of using GtkSocket/Plug for this purpose. But these seems to be X11 specific. Are they not supported on Windows Platform. If "yes" can anyone point me to example of using it on Windows.

The specific problem I have is I want to display VTK in GTK and also few controls in the same window. But since VTK needs a TOP LEVEL GTK window, I am not able to add other controls in the same window according to layout.

Please note that I am doing it for Windows Platform.
Hope I am making myself clear. Please feel free to ask questions if any.

Thanks and regards,
Shrinivas