Re: Interesting problem with GtkTreeView

Tim Müller wrote:
On Friday 05 December 2003 16:53, Dimitar Haralanov wrote:

        I am working on a piece of code which makes use of a
GtkTreeModel/GtkListStore which is displayed in a few GtkTreeViews....

        One of the problem that I am facing while trying to debug this is that
I can get any debugging information for the gtk functions. Does anyone
know whether there is anything that I can do to get meaningful gtk
backtraces without having to recompile GTK+, GLib, etc with debugging
enabled?

Aren't there -dbg packages for your distro which get installed into /usr/lib/
debug, so that you just have to do export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/debug in bash before running your program? (libgtk2.0-dbg on debian)

Problem with debian debug packages is tbat they're compiled with -O2 instead
of -O0 which makes them pretty hopeless to debug with.

Probably the easiest way is to download the source for the packages, but
don't compile them. Make a ~/.gdbinit file with the paths to the source
files.