Error dialogs with GnomeApp and GnomeAbout

I'm having a problem with my app.  It uses a GnomeApp widget for the
top level window, a GnomeAbout widget for the help->about functionality,
and various GtkDialog and GtkWindow widgets for other dialogs and displays.

Most everything is working fine, with 2 pieces of strangeness...

When I run using Metacity and I hit the X Close window icon at the top
right of the GnomeApp window I intercept the WM_CLOSE_WINDOW client
message event using a client message filter, and my app pops up its
"do you want to close the application" dialog box...  This works fine.
However, I also see a dialog, which looks like it's coming from Metacity,
that says "The window "foobar" is not responding.  Force this application
to exit? (Any open documents will be lost)" and it gives me the option
to cancel or kill the application...  This also happens with the Credits
window from help->about also, but everything else works just fine...

I've tried returning GDK_FILTER_REMOVE and GDK_FILTER_CONTINUE from
the filter routine, but nothing changes...  Also, this doesn't happen
with other window managers, only metacity, and it never happens with
any of the other dialogs, only the GnomeApp and the GnomeAbout Credits
window...

Any ideas?

--Al Amaral--