Re: Interesting problem with GtkTreeView

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:03:41 -0800
Dimitar Haralanov <voidtrance comcast net> wrote:

      Hi,

      I am working on a piece of code which makes use of a
GtkTreeModel/GtkListStore which is displayed in a few GtkTreeViews.
      The problem that I am running into is the following: when I have
      only
one of the GtkTreeViews open, I can successfully remove any/all items
from the GtkTreeModel. However, when I have two of the TreeViews open,
I can only remove items that are not in the first row. When I try
removing the iterm in the first row, my app crashes with the following
error:

(gkrellm:3729): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file ../../gtk/gtkliststore.c: line
566(gtk_list_store_get_value): assertion `GTK_LIST_STORE
(tree_model)->stamp == iter->stamp' failed

(gkrellm:3729): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gtype.c:2967: type id `0' is
invalid

(gkrellm:3729): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: can't peek value table for
type`<invalid>' which is not currently referenced Segmentation fault
(core dumped)

      Has anyone battled/seen this that could give me a hint of where
      I am
going wrong?

      Thanx

        I still have not been able to figure anything out here and the list's
silences leads me to the idea that no one has actually seen this
problem?
        One of the problem that I am facing while trying to debug this is that
I can get any debugging information for the gtk functions. Does anyone
know whether there is anything that I can do to get meaningful gtk
backtraces without having to recompile GTK+, GLib, etc with debugging
enabled?

        Thanx

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net

        --Top 100 things you don't want the sysadmin to say