Re: Re: Gtk beginner doubts....................

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 07:13:09AM -0000, Suresh  Kumar wrote:

    Thanks for your reply. Still i have some more points to be
cleared. My application should run on Windows/Unix/Linux OS. I
heard that GNOME is for Linux and not for windows. Is there any
windows version of GNOME? Is it possible to make my application
become OS independent using GNOME?

An alternative is the Tk canvas, which is a pretty amazing widget.  A
research from San Diego State University demonstrated a very sophisticated
geographical statistical app to our Python group that used Python and the Tk
canvas.  I'm not sure how easy it is to use under C, though.  The great
thing about Python is that these researchers, who are not programmers by
trade, were able to create a very professional looking interface, and it
seemed plenty fast to me; he was whipping up maps and graphs like crazy.

Dave Cook