Custom GtkContainer issues

Hello,

I have been trying to create a custom GtkContainer that does nothing
more then put a GtkButton on the top right and another on the bottom
left. (This is an attempt to learn how to do this rather then actually
creating somthing useful)

I have tried to dig up some information from Havoc's book, and from the
gtk source code (specifically box, vbox, bin, and some more I can't
remember)

I have implemented the forall, childtype, size_request, and
size_allocate functions.

When I run the test app, I can't see the buttons but they are 'there'.
When I place the mouse over where they should be and click I hear the
sound event for the click! Why wont the buttons draw themselves?

Attached are the header and source files for the SavyonAppbar class, and
the test app.

I would appriciate any help
-Daniel