Re: Problem with Gtk Dialog coming up with RedHat Linux 9.0...

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 04:57, robin_field us ibm com wrote:
Hi all,

I have an app that uses GTK dialog's and is running fine with RedHat
7.2 (using Gtk 1.2 installed on OS).  We have customers running the
new RedHat 8 and 9 and when the app get's to the Gtk Dialog
method, the dialog is not coming up...

Is this a problem with the app not finding GTK path for dynamic lib
info would be great?

My expectation is generally that any program that worked with
GTK+-1.2 with Red Hat 7.2 will also work on Red Hat 8 and 9;
we shipped both GTK+-1.2 and GTK+-2.x on Red Hat 8 and 9.

I don't think recompilation is even necessary; as long as you
stick to dynamically linked C programs and a small set of libraries
including GTK+, there generally should be binary compatibility
between Red Hat 7.2 and 8/9.

My advice - download a copy of Red Hat 9, find a spare machine,
install it, investigate. Are there any warnings when the
app is run? Etc.

Regards,
                                        Owen