Re: Problem with updating text in Gtk Dialogs...

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 05:18, robin_field us ibm com wrote:
Hi all,

I have an app that uses a Gtk dialog to update files that are being
downloaded.  So as a new file is being downloaded, the Gtk dialog is
suppose to display the new file text string on the Dialog.  This works
intermittently where I see all the updates going to the dialog.  But
sometimes the text is not updated with the new text string??  I'm not
sure how to repaint or refresh the dialog when it is resized, etc and
this also causes the dialog to lose some of it's text and Cancel
button (if the user moves the dialog or minimizes, etc..., the dialog
reappears without the Cancel button or is missing a line of text...).
How do I redraw the dialog when this happens???  expose event???

I'd look at FAQ question 5.16 (Why doesn't my widget (e.g. progressbar)
update?) first:

http://www.gtk.org/faq/#AEN566

Regards,
                                                Owen