glade2 dialogs, Re: progress bar

The bit below works great, thanks a lot.
One thing, though, I'd like for the user to not be able to do anything
else during this time. Is there an easy way to add that?

New topic:
I'm using glade2 to design the interface, then generating the c code.
I'm having problems with dialogs and the window manager, though.  I'm
forced to make all the dialogs 'top level' instead of popup if I want
them to have a window bar at the top.  Also, these dialogs don't show up
in the taskbar, I've noticed that same thing with the gtk2 gnumeric.
Setting them to 'modal' doesn't seem to affect anything.  Any thoughts?