struct + GtkTreeIter

I'd like to somehow tie a struct and a GtkTreeIter together.  The struct
is a key with certain attributes that are displayed in a GtkTreeView
across a row (GtkTreeIter). What I have been doing is getting one of the
attributes of the selected row/iter and then searching through a key
list to get the key with that attribute.  Basically I'd like to be able
to get this key more easily.  Is there some way I can make that iter
contain my key or vice versa and have easy access to one given the
other?
Thanks

--
pub  1024D/57DDD9E3 2002-05-24 Jacob (Direct to Home)
<jap1 rig dyndns ws>