Re: Drawing in memory with no GUI

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Kaney wrote:

Hi New list member.  I'm more of a science guy 1st/programmer 2nd.
I'm a Physics prof at a small Univ in OK and I'm doing a sabbatical
with the National Severe Storms lab in Norman.  I have successfully
written a couple of small Gnome apps that display lightning data
loops, etc.

g++ -Wall -o DrawTest DrawTest.cc `gtk-config --cflags --libs`, but
when it runs I get a segmentation fault/core dump message.  I whittled
down the code so there's only two lines left (it crashes on the 2nd
one)!

You should definitely look into a grafic tool other than gtk. Try
gnuplot forexample. Gtk is good for interactive grafic use, but to
do what you want to do there are other means.

Göran Hasse

Raditex AB             http://www.raditex.se
Sickla Alle 7, 1tr                              Mob: 070-5530148
131 34  NACKA, SWEDEN