Re: Creating a container??

On 2002.09.05 14:05 Hagen Moebius wrote:
A GtkVBox is also a GtkContainer. Which means all you need to do is

GtkContainer *container = GTK_CONTAINER (vbox);

Thanx for your reply ... but er ... well, but that doesn't create a
second slot for my library. I'll try to explain by pictures now ;)

No Problem:
+==========+ <-- that's the window in the first option
| .so goes |
|   here   |   - all I'm doing now is to pass GTK_CONTAINER(window)
+----------+

But:
+==================+  <-- that's the second option
|  .so goes here   |
|------------------|      inside the window
|  .so goes here   |    - and now I'm trying to call the library's
|                  |      function twice but thus I need a container
+------------------+      in the upper part of the vbox and one below
                          the separator ... also imagine that "twice"
is not the end ... five hundred is more likely

Is your suggestion to create two vboxes, pack them in the existing one and pass them as parameters? But that would create a lot of overhead ... imagine five hundred calls to the library.

Thanx in advance for further replies ... Hagen!