How do i see if TWO keys are pressed at the same time?

Hello,

I cant figure out how to see if the user is pressing two keys at the
same time, how can i do that?

I have made it so that the user can move an object on a drawing area
but i want to make the user able to move it "up to the right" etc.. (OK
, my English is not always the best but i do hope you understand).

But the thing is  that when i look for key_press_event on my drawing
area i can only check for one key press not several.
the "event->keyval" value can not represent TWO values, right?

Can some one tell me how to solve this?
I'm on a slow and expensive modem here so browsing for other programs
that have solved this is not what i look forward doing :(

Have a nice day!