GTK on Win32 and Linux

Hi.

Im about to embark on a cross platform, CLOSED source project (sorry, I
get paid a lot for this ands I dont think it'd be appreciated if the
competition got free perks).

What I need to know, is:

1) Is the Win32 (cygwin?) environment production quality? If not, can
GTK be used with MSVC?
2) How much of GTK works on win32?
3) Is there any pressing reason I should use GTK2? stability is
PARAMOUNT here. GTK1.2 is 'tried and tested?)
4) Is it legal to link with GTK and keep my code closed source?
5) where can I get a toolchain / environment to do win32 dev. work?

Thanks in advance...