how to set up configure.in for a libglade app

Hi!

I'm currently setting up the autoconf/make environment for my libglade
app and encountered a little problem. When running the app I need to
know where the .glade files for the app are.

I install the glade-files in ${prefix}share/myapp/glade/.

So, I added the following line to configure.in:

AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(MYAPPGLADEDIR, "${prefix}/share/myapp/glade/")

But this does not work:
 - when the user does not specify a prefix (MYAPPGLADEDIR =
"NONE/share/myapp/glade/)
 - when the user specifies a prefix beginning with ~/ (the glade loader
doesn't seem to know that ~/ is the homedirectory of the current user)

Does anyone know a better way to achieve the whole thing?

Regards,
Jörgen